Investment Opportunity: Unity Vibration Kombucha Beer, Michigan
In the Great Kombucha Withdrawal of 2010, every brand in the US was removed from store shelves. Unity Vibration founders Tarek & Rachel Kanaan were already producing kombucha tea when theirs was flagged as being over the 0.5% ABV limit. They pivoted and, in 2011, began making the world’s first high ABV hard kombucha in a small downstairs bedroom in a historic Ypsilanti, Michigan farmhouse.
Over the past 12 years, they have steadily grown the business, and are now looking to raise $1 million from a pool of investors to take their successful business to the next level.
- 2014: Expanded distribution to 11 regions.
- 2016: Grew 45% to $1 million in sales.
- 2021 Grew sales 31%
- Today: Sold in 10 out of 12 regions of Whole Foods Markets, as well as 2,000 retail outlets in 22 states, including Meijer, Publix and liquor stores, craft beer bars,and bottle shops.
Goal: For Unity Vibration to become a truly national brand and a segment leader in the hard kombucha category.
The $1 million they raise will go toward growing Marketing, Sales, and OpEx.
Unity Vibration offer a complete beverage portfolio, brewing kombucha BEERS, TEAS, and SPRITZERS.
Estimates about the current size and potential of the hard kombucha category vary, but whichever way you look at it, there is a great future for brands in this space:
- The US hard kombucha market is $93.24 million (SPINS, March 31, 2021 — Flavored Malt Beverages – Hard Kombucha market data + 20% for Whole Foods sales)
- The global hard kombucha market size was valued at USD $40.9 million in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.5% from 2022 to 2030 (Grandview Research.)
- The Hard Kombucha Market Size is projected to reach USD $262 million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 23.23% (Straits Research)
- The global Hard Kombucha market size was valued at USD 82.2 million in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 23.19% during the forecast period, reaching USD 287.23 million by 2027. (Research Reports)
- The Hard Kombucha market size was valued at USD 193.6 million in 2022 and is likely to increase at a CAGR of 63.35% throughout the forecast period, reaching USD 3677.59 million by 2028. (Market Growth Reports).
Why Unity Vibration?
Since their Bourbon Peach was voted a Top 25 Best Beer by Draft Magazine in 2013 the awards have continued to roll in.
Our delicious Kombucha Beers offer functional wellness benefits, plant-based adaptogens, Natural Probiotics and are truly a better-for-you alcoholic libation! They are a marriage of our 30-day brewed Kombucha, organic dried hops and either organic raw ginger root, organic fresh raspberries, organic peaches, or three types of hops, juniper and grapefruit rind. All aged and open-air-fermented on oak and then bottle/can/keg conditioned. The combination creates exquisite flavors that have depth and complexity as well as healthy nutrients! Like our organic Kombucha, it is LIVING, made with Organic / Fair Trade ingredients, GLUTEN-FREE, Vegan certified, and Kosher.
As pioneers, they see a rosy outlook for hard kombucha. Other entrants in the hard kombucha space helped grow awareness of the category. They see a long runway ahead for hard kombucha as it crosses over from fermented food into the broader craft beer market.
To learn more about this unique investment opportunity contact Unity Vibration at (734)277-4063, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content of this article is accurate to the best of our knowledge and is presented for general informational purposes only. We have no financial interest in this company and make no recommendation about the investment opportunity. The opinions are those of the editor.