Fun with Generative AI
In preparing for my presentation on AI at the upcoming KKON23 event in Long Beach, I tried out some fun prompts to demo the capabilities of generative AI programs like ChatGPT and Midjourney. These are more elaborate than the usual ‘Marketing 101‘ prompts I’ve played with to date.
I want you to act as a screenwriter. You will develop an engaging and creative script for either a feature-length film or a Web Series that can captivate its viewers. Start with coming up with interesting characters, the setting of the story, dialogues between the characters, etc. Once your character development is complete – create an exciting storyline filled with twists and turns that keep the viewers in suspense until the end. My first request is “I need to write a script about two childhood friends who are deciding if they want to start a kombucha company in Bozeman, Montana.”
The content below was as generated by ChatGPT with no additional editing.
Title: Bozeman Brew Buddies
Two childhood friends must navigate the ups and downs of starting a kombucha company in Bozeman, Montana, while facing personal and professional challenges that threaten to tear them apart.
- Jack – 30s, charming, ambitious, and driven. He has always had a knack for entrepreneurship and sees the potential for success in the booming health drink market.
- Tom – 30s, easy-going, and practical. He’s Jack’s best friend since childhood, and while he’s supportive of Jack’s dreams, he’s hesitant about starting a business with his unpredictable friend.
- Sarah – 30s, Jack’s girlfriend, and a successful marketing executive. She’s supportive of Jack’s plans but is worried about the financial risks involved.
- Jake – 40s, an experienced brewer who runs a successful brewery in Bozeman. He’s skeptical of Jack and Tom’s idea, but sees potential in their passion for creating a unique kombucha blend.
Bozeman, Montana, a picturesque college town surrounded by mountains and forests. The story takes place in a variety of locations, including Jack and Tom’s childhood home, local coffee shops, and Jake’s brewery.
Jack: “We could create a kombucha that’s unlike anything anyone’s ever tasted. Something that’s good for you and tastes great.”
Tom: “But starting a business is a big risk. Are you sure you’re ready for that kind of commitment?”
Sarah: “I believe in you, Jack. But we need to be realistic about the costs involved. We can’t just jump into this blindly.”
Jake: “Starting a brewery is tough. Starting a kombucha company is even tougher. But if you’re serious about this, I might be able to help you out.”
Jack and Tom have always talked about starting a business together, but they could never agree on what kind of business. When Jack discovers the booming health drink market, he becomes obsessed with the idea of creating a unique kombucha blend that will appeal to the health-conscious crowd in Bozeman.
Tom is skeptical of Jack’s plan, but he sees his friend’s passion and agrees to help him out. They work on perfecting their recipe and developing a marketing strategy, but they soon realize that starting a business is much harder than they anticipated.
As they struggle to secure funding and make their product a success, Jack’s ambition and recklessness start to strain their friendship. Tom is torn between his loyalty to Jack and his doubts about their business venture.
Meanwhile, Sarah’s concerns about their financial situation and Jack’s dedication to the business start to drive a wedge between them. And when Jake, the owner of a successful brewery in Bozeman, offers to help them out, they must navigate his skepticism and demands.
As the pressure mounts, Jack and Tom must overcome personal and professional obstacles to keep their business and friendship intact. Can they succeed in a crowded and competitive market, or will their dreams fall apart?
Bozeman Brew Buddies is a captivating story of friendship, ambition, and the challenges of starting a business in a small town. With relatable characters, witty dialogue, and unexpected twists and turns, this web series is sure to captivate its viewers until the very end.
To wrap this up, I asked various generative AI image programs to design a logo for the company. As Kayla Doan from Wildflower Kombucha discovered, these prototypes require finishing in PhotoShop by a skilled professional, but can be a great way to brainstorm ideas.
Prompt: The label of a kombucha company based in Bozeman, Montana featuring local scenery.
From start to finish I created this content in under an hour. For grins, I replaced the location with a few others. These were the ChatGPT alternative series titles for five locations in the USA.
I want you to act as a screenwriter. You will develop an engaging and creative script for either a feature-length film or a Web Series about two childhood friends who are deciding if they want to start a kombucha company that can captivate its viewers. Start with coming up with interesting titles for the series. My first request is to list five towns or cities in the UK and the series title for each.
- Bozeman Brew – a lighthearted, feel-good series set in the picturesque town of Bozeman, Montana, following two childhood friends as they embark on a risky business venture to create the next big kombucha brand. [Interesting that this location was the first, maybe because I had ‘trained’ the program with my first prompt?]
- Asheville Auras – a quirky, character-driven series set in the bohemian town of Asheville, North Carolina, where two childhood friends with a shared passion for health and wellness set out to create a unique and delicious kombucha recipe.
- Portland Pours – a hip, urban drama set in the trendy city of Portland, Oregon, where two friends struggle to navigate the competitive world of artisanal beverages and stay true to their DIY roots.
- Santa Cruz Culture – a coming-of-age series set in the laid-back beach town of Santa Cruz, California, where two childhood friends with big dreams and a passion for sustainability attempt to launch a successful kombucha business against all odds.
- Brooklyn Booch – a gritty, urban drama set in the diverse borough of Brooklyn, New York, where two childhood friends from different worlds join forces to create a kombucha brand that reflects the melting pot of their city, but struggle to keep their friendship intact as they face challenges and setbacks along the way.
And the same for the UK:
- Bristol Brews – a light-hearted, feel-good series set in the vibrant city of Bristol, where two childhood friends attempt to launch a unique kombucha brand while navigating the challenges of starting a business in a competitive market.
- Edinburgh Elixirs – a quirky, character-driven series set in the picturesque city of Edinburgh, where two childhood friends with a passion for healthy living set out to create a delicious and nutritious kombucha recipe that captures the essence of their beloved city.
- Liverpool Libations – a gritty, urban drama set in the diverse city of Liverpool, where two friends from different backgrounds attempt to build a successful kombucha brand while confronting issues of class, race, and identity.
- Brighton Bubbles – a coming-of-age series set in the vibrant seaside town of Brighton, where two childhood friends with big dreams and a love for adventure embark on a risky business venture that tests their friendship and challenges their beliefs about success and happiness.
- Newcastle Nectar – a hip, urban drama set in the bustling city of Newcastle, where two childhood friends with a shared passion for health and wellness attempt to create a kombucha brand that reflects the unique spirit and culture of their city, but must navigate obstacles and setbacks along the way.
ChatGPT seems to have a weakness for alliterative names. I re-ran the UK list adding ‘Avoid alliterative titles.’
- Sip & Savor (Bath) – In the charming city of Bath, two childhood friends reunite after years apart and discover their shared passion for brewing kombucha. As they navigate the ups and downs of starting a business, they also learn to navigate the complexities of their own relationship.
- Boiling Point (Leeds) – In the bustling city of Leeds, two childhood friends with a knack for experimentation decide to start a kombucha company. As their product gains popularity, they find themselves facing tough choices about how to grow their business and maintain their friendship.
- Fizzy Friends (Cardiff) – In the Welsh capital of Cardiff, two childhood friends reunite and decide to launch a kombucha brand inspired by the flavors of their childhood. But as they delve deeper into the world of brewing, they realize that they must confront their past in order to build a successful future.
- The Kombucha Chronicles (Brighton) – In the vibrant seaside town of Brighton, two childhood friends embark on a journey to create the ultimate kombucha recipe. Along the way, they must navigate the challenges of entrepreneurship and confront their own personal demons.
- Bubbles & Bravado (Glasgow) – In the gritty city of Glasgow, two childhood friends with a shared love of kombucha decide to launch a company. As they navigate the tough business climate of the city, they also come to terms with their own personal struggles and discover what it truly means to be brave.
I’m not sure what part of that request it failed to understand, but at least it avoided alliteration with the city name. I was impressed with the adjectives used to describe each location!